During these unprecedented times it has been necessary to postpone the majority of ophthalmic care.
However, if you do have an urgent eye condition or are worried about a pre-existing condition, please contact me (via my secretary) for a telephone consultation initially. If your case does require an urgent examination, then it still be possible to undergo this in an environment that adheres to social distancing policies outlined by Public Health England.
As the lockdown is eased, it is likely that social distancing measures will continue to be employed for some time. In order to practice in a safe environment as possible, the hospitals that I consult and operate at will employ:
– Regular strict cleaning and disinfecting regimes of waiting and clinical areas
– Temperature check on arrival for all staff, patients and relatives
– Widely available hand sanitizers
– Maintaining social distancing of 2 metres
– Spacing out of appointment times to maintain social distancing
– Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
– Meticulous sterile practice in the operating theatre
Please let me know if you have any concerns or queries and I look forward to providing you with the highest level of eye care as soon as possible.